Saturday, August 15, 2009

Spaghetti & Garlic Bread

I wanted to make something quick and easy for dinner because after watching my daughter play on her Slip 'n' Slide and then having to throw her in the shower because she got all muddy, I was hungry!

So spaghetti and garlic bread won. I tried a new sauce: Hunt's Zesty & Spicy which was on sale for $1.30. It was pretty good, it didn't even really need extra spices like most of the jarred sauces do (hence the Zesty part), but I couldn't help myself and had to add some salt, pepper, garlic and oregano. As for the Spicy part, after eating a plateful my mouth felt a nice gentle burn, but nothing serious. I do NOT have a high tolerance for spicy foods; my husband, on the other hand, puts hot giardinera on everything.

I also made some cheesy texas toast and while taking it out of the oven I learned the hard way that there is a hole in one of my oven mitts. OUCH! I burned my thumb and now have a nice blister. My daughter is graciously letting me borrow one of her kitty ice packs to hold on it. Thanks hon! I am typing this one-handed, which is not fun, so I'll stop here.

Happy eating! (And be careful!)

2 comments:

  1. Oww, glad you have a little nurse on hand :)

    What a great quick meal, I might have to check out that sauce. My 2 boys like things on the spicy side while the girls and I don't, so this sounds like a great compromise.
    On the shredded potatoes, they were in the produce section- fresh- they were about $2.30 I think. They didn't need anything done to them I just dumped them in. My little ham stealer tasted some thinking it was shredded cheese, she wasn't impressed,lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love having spaghetti and garlic bread for dinner. Everyone likes it and it doesn't take long to make.

    Sorry about your burn! I've done that more times than I can count!

    ReplyDelete