Friday, August 21, 2009

Kluski Soup and Grilled Cheese

My good friend A., who recently became a nurse, mentioned Kluski noodles in an email a long time ago and I asked what they were. She said they were a lot like egg noodles but skinnier. Huh? I questioned my husband about it and he raved about eating Kluski chicken noodle soup as a kid and so we got some the next time we were at the store.

Now that I have had them, I would describe them simply as a thicker noodle, almost pasta like. We buy Mrs. Weiss' Chicken Flavor Kluski Noodle Soup Mix, although I am sure you could just buy Kluski noodles and use them however you like. I will also be making grilled cheese sandwiches using American cheese and wheat bread.

It has been another unusually cool day here in Chicago, cloudy with a cool breeze and high of 70. The perfect day for a bowl of soup and a sandwich.

Happy eating!

3 comments:

  1. hm, those sound interesting. I will have to look and see if I can find some. I wish it would cool off here so I could have a soup day, Fall is coming though isn't it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never heard of Kluski noodles either! Where have we been?! Hmmm...now I'm going to have to check those out. I love making soup.

    BTW, re: your comment on Crumbs about rearranging carseats - that's a great idea. May be tough with all three of ours (like you mentioned) but on those longer trips, might be worth the effort! Thanks for the suggestion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was cool around here all weekend. I want summer back!

    The Kluski Noodle Soup sounds good!

    ReplyDelete