Monday, August 3, 2009

Big Plate Of Nachos

The other day I was looking around the Krista's Kitchen blog and came across her nachos recipe. They looked so good I added them to my meal plan for the week, and I made them tonight. Like Krista, I like to "make a run for the border" and get the Nachos Bellgrande at Taco Bell. These were just as good, if not better. Thanks for the great idea Krista!

***************************************************************************************
BIG PLATE OF NACHOS

1 bag of tortilla chips
2-3 cups chopped lettuce
1-2 diced tomatoes
sour cream
taco sauce
1 jar salsa con queso
1 can refried beans
1 lb. ground beef
1 taco seasonings packet
water

Brown the ground beef, drain fat. Add the taco seasonings and 3/4 cup water, simmer for 5-7 minutes. Heat refried beans in a small pot, add enough water to make them pourable, stir well. Gently heat the salsa con queso in the microwave, stirring often.
Spread a bunch of tortilla chips on a plate, top with some taco meat, taco sauce, and then with refried beans. Spoon some salsa con queso on next, then add the tomatoes. Next is the sour cream and finally the lettuce.
*************************************************************************************

Krista made hers slightly different from mine, you can check out her recipe here. My husband and I made our own separate plates of nachos because I like extra tomatoes and sour cream, and he likes extra taco sauce and meat.

Happy eating!

3 comments:

  1. This sounds easy and great! My kind of recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nachos! I have been craving a good plate of nachos, I have ground beef thawing for tomorrow to make a casserole but I think it needs to be made into nachos instead, lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds delicious! Nachos are a favorite around here.

    ReplyDelete