Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Cheese Omelet & Sausage

I love breakfast for dinner, it is easy and delicious - and cheap! Tonight we had American cheese omelets and Farmland pork sausage with which I made into patties. I had english muffins too, but we weren't that hungry. I have read many different recipes for omelets, but my favorite is this one.

***************************************************************************************
OMELETS (makes 1)

3 eggs
3 tbsp. water
salt & pepper to taste
2 tsp. butter.
2-3 slices American cheese, cut in half

In a medium skillet melt the butter over medium-low heat. Whisk the eggs, water, salt and pepper together, pour into skillet. Let the eggs cook for about a minute then swirl the pan slightly. With a rubber scraper, gently push the egg down around the egdes, then swirl again. Repeat until the egg is almost set. Then gently lift the edge of the set egg and let any runny egg run underneath. Repeat on other side of egg if needed. Place your cheese over half the egg. Using a spatula, gently fold over the egg to form the omelet. Continue to cook about 30 seconds, then flip and cook another 30 seconds. Voila!
*************************************************************************************

Some people have trouble flipping over the half of the egg onto the toppings, so you can also place your cheese down the center of the egg and flip over 1/3 of the egg to the center and repeat on the other side. It is more burrito looking than that of a half moon, but who cares?

Happy eating!

4 comments:

  1. another yummy recipe! I always like breakfast for dinner! we haven't done it in a long time but one of our favorite meals was scrambled eggs and biscuits and gravy for dinner :)

    enjoy your Thursday

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love breakfast for dinner! And the leftovers make a grat breakfast the next day.....like today, in fact. I'm having scrambled eggs in a bagel. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are big breakfast for dinner fans around here, except for Daddy. Pancakes and eggs are the fav :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was thinking about making pancakes for dinner tonight. My kids love that.

    I do most of the cooking around here, but I'm not much good with omelets. They taste fine, I just don't make them as pretty as I'd like. My husband, on the other hand, makes a perfect omelet, so he is the resident egg chef in this house!

    ReplyDelete