Friday, August 7, 2009

BLT Sandwiches

I have some tomatoes that need to be used so we are having Bacon Lettuce and Tomato sandwiches for dinner. I don't need to post a recipe for these right? You toast some bread and spread it lightly with mayo. Cook the bacon until crispy. Layer the toast with lettuce leaves, sliced tomato and bacon - enjoy! We usually have two each so we don't have a side dish, although a cold pasta salad might be good with these (for those of you who aren't a piggie like me and eat only one sandwich). LOL

I am back to planning my own menu, last week my husband came up with all the ideas, and here it is: Homemade Pan Pizzas, Chicken Breast, Italian Sausage, and Grape Tomato skewers on the grill, Green Bean Potato Salad, Oreo Truffles, Cauliflower Bake, and Enchilada Casserole. Plus I still have not made the Klewski Soup & Grilled Cheese or the Oven French Toast & Sausage from last week.

How do I have meal ideas leftover you may ask? Well one night my husband brought me a surprise Gyro sandwich and another night my FiL took us out to dinner. I think I am going to do a "fend for yourself/leftover" night this week and make that Oven French Toast for breakfast on Sunday. I will make a couple of patties out of the sausage and turn the rest into Sausage Gravy and throw some biscuits in the oven for Biscuits & Gravy - my husband will be thrilled! I admit I did not know how to make Sausage Gravy until I read about it over on Krista's Kitchen - boy, is it easy! Thanks Krista!

On a completely unrelated note, the master of 80's teenage angst movies, John Hughes died yesterday. I loved his movies and not just because they were always filmed around Chicago, although Ferris Bueller does a great job of showing off our city. They really touched a nerve with my generation, and even though the clothes and hair and slang will be out of style 10 years from now when my daughter is old enough to watch them, they will speak to her too.

Happy eating!

2 comments:

  1. Funny that you should be making BLT's because my daughter just said she wanted something with bacon for dinner! I was planning on making spicy shrimp, so she may have to wait.

    I was sad to hear that John Hughes died, too. I loved his movies back when I was a teen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oreo truffles are too good, I made them for an appetizer party a couple of months ago and everyone loved them! The cauliflower bake sound good, I will be watching for that recipe, I have been wanting to try and do more with cauliflower :)

    ReplyDelete