Monday, August 17, 2009

Chicken Kiev & Rice Pilaf

Tonight's dinner is frozen chicken kievs, Zatarain's rice pilaf, and garden salad. Someday I am going to have to get brave and try to make my own kievs. Anyone got a good recipe they can recommend?

I wanted to go to the library today, but it was closed. All the city offices in Chicago were closed due to a mandatory furlough day, except for 911, police and fire departments. It is one of King Daley's many crazy ideas to save the city money. You may have heard about it on the news, apparently it created quite a stir.

Happy eating!

4 comments:

  1. Monday is our library day :) They don't open till 1 though. I don't think I have ever had Chicken Kievs, I am going to have to go look that up now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darn you, I just googled Chicken Kievs and they had lots of pictures, it looks soooo yummy. Now that's what I want for dinner. Lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. as always, dinner sounds delicious! I hope you find a recipe for chicken kievs because I'm be interested to see how you made them, just in case I get brave to attempt it (more than likely have hubby be brave to attempt it since he cooks mostly here)

    I live in California; the state is broke (LOL); they have lots of furlough days like this for various state agencies. our motor vehicle offices are closed on Friday for this exact reason.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't had chicken kiev in a long time. Sounds good!

    ReplyDelete