Sunday, August 30, 2009

Apple Streusel Cheesecake Bars

I did not post yesterday, but I made these absolutely delicious bars! Yum yum yum! I found the recipe over on One Step At A Time, who got it from My Tasty Treasures. Thanks gals for sharing this awesome recipe!

**************************************************************************************
APPLE STREUSEL CHEESECAKE BARS

1 pkg. Betty Crocker oatmeal cookie mix
1/2 cup butter, cold, cut in cubes
2 - 8oz. cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
2 tbsp. flour
1 tsp. vanilla
1 egg
1 can apple pie filling
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 cup chopped walnuts

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray.
Place cookie mix in a large bowl, cut in butter. Reserve 1 1/2 cups of mixture in the fridge; press remaining crumbs into bottom of baking dish. Bake for 10 minutes.
In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, flour, vanilla and egg on medium speed until smooth. Spread over partially cooked crust.
In a medium bowl, mix apple pie filling and cinnamon. Spoon pie filling over cream cheese. Sprinkle pie filling with reserved cookie mixture, then sprinkle with walnuts.
Bake for 35-40 minutes. Cool for 30 minutes on wire rack. Refrigerate for 2 hours. Cut into bars. Store in fridge.
***********************************************************************************

I didn't want to get another bowl dirty so I did not mix the pie filling with the cinnamon. I spread the pie filling over the cream cheese mixture and then just sprinkled it with cinnamon. Also, I had pecan chips in the cabinet so I used those instead of walnuts.

Last night we got Subway subs for dinner. I had tuna with lettuce and tomato on wheat, and my daughter ate almost half of it - good thing I got the 12". :)

For tonight's dinner my husband has asked me to make Baked Potato Soup. It is bright and sunny here, but cold! The high today is only 66 degrees. Click on the soup name to get the recipe, as well as the humorous story of the first time I made it. Other people's kitchen mishaps are always good for a laugh!

Happy eating!

4 comments:

  1. that was a cute story about the first time you made the soup; it doesn't sound fun having to clean up the kitchen and the spilled milk

    soup sounds good though! I'm sending you some of our 103 degree weather, send us some of your 66 degree back okay?

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. It still hasn't got cool enough for soup here yet, I think I'm having withdrawal :(

    I still need to remake those bars, the right way, lol. I really liked the cheesecake filling in them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna always has the best recipes, doesn't she? I hate to look at her blog when I'm hungry because everything looks amazing!

    Cute story about the soup!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're thinking soup here too! It's been downright chilly!

    These Apple Steusel Cheesecake Bars sound wonderful! The name says it all. Who can resist?

    ReplyDelete