Friday, June 5, 2009

Pizza (Again!)

It's Friday and that means pizza night! I will be tossing a Culinary Circle Rising Crust Pepperoni pizza in the oven later. Culinary Circle is a fancy store brand that Jewel came out with a few months ago. The line has other frozen foods too, but I have only tried the pizza.

The Porcupine Balls came out great last night and went really well with the egg noodles and salad, although I did make some changes I want to tell you about, and I have a suggestion.

First, I added about 1-2 teaspoons of steak seasoning to the ground beef mixture because the recipe only calls for the meat, egg and rice. I wasn't sure how much flavor the seasoning packet, which is added to the water, would impart to the meat and I didn't want them to be flavorless. When the meatballs were done cooking I scooped them out of the skillet and added a mixture of 1 tablespoon cornstarch mixed with 1 tablespoon cold water to the pan juices and heated it up to make a gravy. There were not a lot of pan juices though, so my suggestion would be to add more than the 2 1/2 cups water the recipe calls for so you get more pan juices to make more gravy at the end. Maybe 3 1/2 cups water? I wonder if this would screw up the cooking of the meatballs. Thoughts anyone?

Happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment