Sunday, June 14, 2009

B.L.T. Sandwiches

Yesterday morning was cold and rainy and I was glad I had nowhere to go. My husband left the house at 8am to have breakfast with some friends, and my daughter slept until 9:30am. So I picked up the awesome book I have been reading and made some progress with it. It is called Undress Me In The Temple Of Heaven by Susan Jane Gilman. It is a really good book based on a true story; in 1986 after graduating from college, Susan and her friend Claire, decide to backpack around the world, starting in China. It is before 9/11, before cell phones, even before the Tiananmen Square massacre.

Anyway, we didn't really get motivated to do anything until the sun came out in the afternoon. Then we went in the yard; the husband cut the grass, I pulled weeds from my gardens, the kid was on her swing. Before we knew it, it was 6pm and we were hungry. So instead of rushing to cook something, we decided to use the Chili's gift card we had and go out to dinner. We totally lucked out too; first we found a killer parking spot right in front of the door. The wait was 30-45 minutes, but a table was just opening up in the bar area. The kid was thrilled at the prospect of sitting up high on a bar stool/chair around a table and the bar area was filled with people on dates, not drunk idiots, so we took it. The food was really good and the portion sizes were huge. I had Fire Roasted Chicken Quesadillas, the kid had Cheese Pizza and Corn On The Cob, and the hubbie had Mini Burgers with Onion Straws and Fries. Mine came with rice and beans, which were excellent.

Today was a beautiful day, sunny and warm. We went to the cemetery to visit my mom and grandma. Then we came home and played in the yard some more. I made B.L.T.'s for dinner. I am sure I don't need to give you the recipe for bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwiches. My husband usually cooks the bacon, but he was finishing a project in the yard so I did it myself, and I did a pretty good job. Now I have to go clean my stove from the splatters.

Happy eating!

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you had a nice day. I haven't had a BLT in a long time, now I want one!

    ReplyDelete