Friday, July 31, 2009

Lemonade Cake

It is Friday so we had a frozen pizza for dinner, big whoop. However, I did make something new called Lemonade Cake. I got the recipe from my daughters preschool cookbook and it is VERY good! I knew from reading the ingredients that this would be a winner and it did not disappoint!

***************************************************************************************
LEMONADE CAKE

1 - 3oz package lemon Jello
3/4 cup boiling water
1 box lemon cake mix
3/4 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs
1 - 6oz. can frozen lemonade mix, thawed
1/2 cup sugar
powdered sugar, optional

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour bundt pan.

Dissolve lemon Jello in boiling water, set aside. Combine cake mix, oil and eggs; mix well, then add Jello mixture. Beat for 5 minutes with a hand mixer on low. Pour into prepared pan. Bake for one hour. Let cool in pan for 20 minutes, then invert cake onto wire rack to cool completely.

Poke cake with a fork all over the top. Mix 1/2 cup of sugar with thawed lemonade mix, pour over cake. Sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired.

*************************************************************************************

Sounds good, huh? It tastes even better! My husband loves it, half the cake is gone already.

The meal plan for the next week was thought up by my husband. I was feeling very bored with all my usual recipes and none of the new recipes were inspiring me, so I asked him what he wanted and this is what he said: Klewski Noodle Soup with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches, Big Salad & Garlic Toast, and BLT's. THEN I got inspired and added in Nachos ala Krista's Kitchen, the Lemonade Cake, Fake Apple Pies from Sandra Lee of the Food Network, and Pepper Cheese Bread. Plus I have not made the Grilled Beef Kebabs, Oven French Toast & Sausage, or Chicken Finger Tacos from last weeks meal plan yet. Whew! It will be a busy week in the kitchen - just the way I like it!

Happy eating!

2 comments:

  1. The cake sounds so good, I love anything lemon flavored and this one sounds like it would be the ultimate lemon cake :) I am excited to hear about the chicken finger tacos, and klewski soup both are new to me!

    ReplyDelete