Sunday, July 19, 2009

Egg & Cheese Sandwiches

What a great Sunday! My husband ran out for McDonalds breakfast sandwiches this morning, I know, very bad - but so yummy! Then I got my butt in gear and got showered and started cleaning. I also had some repairs to make to two of my favorite quilts and the cool weather was perfect for having a quilt in my lap. Yes, cool weather in July - today's high was only 70! And it was cloudy and breezy so it felt more like 65 to me. Anyway, then I did a bit more cleaning and then gave my kid a bath. Oh, and I did multiple loads of laundry too. Whew!

For dinner I made egg & cheese sandwiches, which I have posted about before (click here to see it). It's basically scrambled eggs in a grilled cheese sandwich. Here is the recipe I use:

***************************************************************************************
EGG & CHEESE SANDWICHES (makes 2)

4 slices country style hearty white bread
butter
3 eggs
2 tbsp. milk
salt & pepper
3 slices american cheese
3 slices cheddar cheese

In a bowl, beat the eggs with the milk and salt & pepper to taste. Cook the eggs in a skillet until done (scrambled eggs). Butter one side of each piece of bread. Place two slices, butter side down, in a skillet. Place 1 1/2 slices of american cheese on one slice of bread, top with half the scrambled egg, top the egg with 1 1/2 slices of the cheddar cheese, then top with the other slice of bread, butter side up. Repeat for other sandwich. Cook over medium heat until bread is golden, then flip and cook other side until golden.
************************************************************************************

I served them with cottage cheese tonight. They were the perfect easy dinner to make after all my work around the house today. My little sous chef helped crack the eggs and then beat them in the bowl. Then she stole a piece of cheese and ran out of the kitchen! lol

Happy eating!

1 comment:

  1. these sound good; I'll have to try them some time

    so glad you guys had some cool weather; we are in the high 90s/low 100s

    this recipe would be good though for hot summer days

    enjoy today

    betty

    ReplyDelete