Monday, September 28, 2009

Chicken Patties

I was going to make chicken patties tonight and serve them on hamburger buns with lettuce and tomato. Then I realized that my husband had WAY more sloppy joes than I thought he would the other night and we only have one hamburger bun left. Time to improvise! I grabbed a gravy packet and instant mashed potatoes from the cabinet and voila! Problem solved. I have salad in the fridge to serve on the side.

On Friday night I made frozen chicken kievs with rice. On Saturday night we had Subway subs. Last night I threw a frozen pizza in the oven. My meal plan for the week is: Black Bean Chili, Burritos, Potato Pancakes with Sausage Patties, and Chicken Parmesan.

My daughter's school takes the kids on various field trips through the year and, of course, every parent signed up to be a chaperon. The teacher said that since so many of us volunteered we would only get to go on one trip per parent, which is fine by me, sounds fair. I am happy to report that I was chosen to go on the trip to the pumpkin farm in October! I haven't been to a pumpkin farm since I was a little girl and I am so happy I get to do this with my daughter! I am also looking forward to getting to know her classmates, since she'll be in class with them for the next 8 years. :)

Happy eating!

3 comments:

  1. I was thinking Black Bean Chili would be a good meal this week!

    My daughter's preschool class is going apple picking Friday, but I have things to do at work. That's ok - I want to go to a certain orchard this year anyway! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think going to the pumpkin patch sounds like a great one to chaperone for! I always ended up chaperoning when we went to the zoo or wild animal park; hard to keep 8 kids together in such a large venue

    should be fun to get to know your daughter's classmates too! at this age, they are so much more open with what they talk about as opposed to after 5th or 6th grace

    how do you make your potato pancakes? My mom would make them when I was growing up; would shred the potatoes, can't remember what she added to them, but then would fry them, sooo very yummy!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pumpkin patch field trips are the best ones! Lucky you :)

    ReplyDelete