Sunday, May 24, 2009

Chugga-chugga, choo-choo!

Today we went to the Illinois Railway Museum in Union, IL. It was really fun! They had six different trains running, diesel and electric, that you could ride as many times as you wanted for the $12 admission (kids $8), and a bunch of trains that you could walk through, such as the old Pullman sleeper cars and dining cars, to see what they looked like when they were in operation. There were also some HUGE old fashioned engines that you see in the old movies; you just don't realize how big they are until you are standing next to one.

We grabbed breakfast at the McDonald's in the oasis on I-90 on the way out there at about 9:30am, and we didn't eat again until we left at around 3:30pm. I had packed a small cooler with water, string cheese, pepperoni, and Goldfish which my daughter devoured upon entering the car. My husband and I got some singles with cheese from Wendy's and I tried their new Coffee Toffee Twisted Frosty. It was good, it had a nice coffee taste with bits of toffee in it, but I will stick with a plain Frosty next time.

Now we are home and it is almost 6pm and I am not hungry. I guess I won't be making dinner tonight, we'll just have some snacks later if we are hungry before bedtime.
Happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment