Friday, December 11, 2009

Leftovers

Last night I made Dirty Rice with the Zatarain's mix and ground beef for dinner. It is a really easy and yummy meal with a little bit of heat. Tonight we will be having leftovers because 1) there are a lot of them in the fridge and 2) I have to be at my daughter's school today at 4:30pm to help set up for the Breakfast With Santa, which is tomorrow morning.

I am really looking forward to the B.W.S. because I do not have a picture of my daughter with Santa since she was 2 years old (and she was screaming and crying in it). It is $5 per person which includes pancakes, sausage, orange juice, and a picture with Santa on a CD so you can share with friends and family. I think that is an awesome deal! Plus I am hoping to meet some of the parents of my daughters friends. I will not let my kid go to someone's house for a playdate until I have met them, and I am sure the other parents feel the same way. One little girl that my kid is friends with asks me everyday when she can come to our house, so I am hoping she and her folks are there tomorrow.

On Sunday morning we have to be back at the school/church by 7:45am for the Christmas program. Ugh, I am not looking forward to getting my kid up at 6:45am. Hopefully she will be excited about the program and will not be too crabby. Plus we have promised her McDonald's breakfast afterward, so we can always bribe her with that! LOL

I have finally started the Christmas shopping, but it is just the tip of the iceberg. At least I know what I am getting everyone - I just have to go get it! We still have two weeks, and I have always been a last minute shopper. Have you finished your shopping yet?

Happy eating!

4 comments:

  1. Have a great BWS!!!

    I have one gift left to buy. I think. I hope. Oh, crap...did I forget anyone???

    LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. B.W.S. sounds cute! hope you get a great picture with your daughter and the jolly guy! I'm not doing much shopping this year but I haven't started the bit I need to do. Maybe this weekend (or maybe not, LOL)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miss B has a friend that has been over several times, we walk half way home with her after school every day and have given her rides to several school functions and I have yet to meet her Mom. It is just mind boggling that some people are like that, I am like you I need to really know someone before I let my kiddos go over to play.

    ReplyDelete