Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Hamburgers

My new "job" as Playground Mom is really opening my eyes up to what it is like for a mother of boys. Yesterday during my time as P.M. at least 6 of the 1st grade boys came up to me saying that someone had slapped or hit them. There were some tears, but no one was really injured and of course there were no witnesses. I had to break up a few tug-of-wars over knit hats and send one boy to time-out for pushing. I know that girls are not angels, but those boys give you a run for your money! When I was babysitting our neighbors daughter the biggest problem between her and my daughter was sharing or taking turns, nothing physical. I have new found respect for mothers of boys!

Last night dinner was a frozen pizza. My husband wasn't very hungry and I wasn't feeling much like cooking. Tonight we are having hamburgers. I make mine by first taking the chill off the 1.5 lbs. ground beef by putting it in the microwave on the defrost setting for 3 minutes. Then I mix in, by hand, 1 tbsp. each steak seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, and A1 steak sauce. Mmmm, good! Then I form it into 4 or 5 patties and cook them on George. (My George Foreman Lean Mean Grilling Machine, we call it George. It's also great for making paninis.) I will make a deluxe box of mac'n'cheese and have salad on the side too.

Happy eating!

5 comments:

  1. there is definitely a difference between boys and girls; they definitely like to be more active than girls sometimes and soooo full of energy!

    those hamburgers sound good; I hear wonderful things about George's machine; will have to look into getting one some time

    (the book this month is really good; enjoying it :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a boy and a girl, and I think boys tend to hurt each other physically, while girls tend to hurt each other's feelings. Boys are faster to forgive and forget, though. Girls can hold a grudge forever (remember high school?!).

    Your burger recipe sounds really good! We're having omelets for dinner tonight because my son is sick and he requested them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of my babes are girls. However, 1 is a tomboy, so I think that kind of negates the whole "both of my babes are girls" thing. She is very "rough and tumble" but not ENTIRELY objectionable about wearing a skirt on occasion. I like mothering girls. I know how they think! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boys definately tend to be rougher, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm still trying to understand boys. Why God has given me two of them, I'll never know. I just hope they form a really great rock band at some point. :)

    I'm still very impressed you've taken on the playground mom role! You're braver than I!

    ReplyDelete