Sunday, January 3, 2010

Lots Of Good Things

The meatballs were good! Not as good as homemade, but good for only $5, plus I still have half the bag left. On Thursday we had Tombstone Garlic Bread Cheese frozen pizza, my daughter's favorite. On New Year's Day we had BLT's for dinner. I also made a Taco Dip and Lemon Chiffon Pie from Taste The Joy that day. My taco dip recipe is very basic: mix 8oz. cream cheese and 1 cup of sour cream with 1/2 packet of taco seasonings; spread in bottom of 9x9 dish. Top with 1 can chili, then with 1 package shredded cheddar cheese. Bake at 350 until cheese is melted. When it is done you can top it with chopped tomato, olives and green onion if you want to be fancy. :)

Yesterday morning I was in the mood to make cookies and I couldn't decide which to make so I made 3 kinds: Chocolate Chip, Peanut Butter Oatmeal, and Sugar Cookies. My daughter was a great little helper, she is getting so much better at listening and had a lot of fun putting sprinkles on the Sugar Cookies. After standing in the kitchen for so long I was tired so we went out to dinner. We used a gift card we got for Christmas to Outback Steakhouse - yum! I had the BBQ ribs and they were falling off the bone - so good!

The menu plan for this week is Shepherds Pie, Egg & Cheese Sandwiches, Potato Corn Chowder, Chili Casserole, Grilled Cheese & Soup, and (another) frozen pizza. I don't know what I'll be making tonight yet. I want to get the tree down today, it is bugging me. I took all the other Christmas decorations down 2 days after Christmas. I am not good with clutter. The outdoor lights can stay up until the next warm day I am available to take them down, but the indoor stuff has got to go. Anyone else anxious to get their house back to normal or am I the only one with OCD? :)

Happy eating!

6 comments:

  1. That Taco Dip sounds great! We have to go to a birthday party today, but I'm hoping to get the tree down and decorations put away when we get home. Just something I keep putting off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is not a smart idea to read your post on an empty stomach! I'm so jealous. Outback and cookies! I want some! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I second that, the taco dip sounds really, really great :) I am totally ready for normal, back to school tomorrow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You made 3 kinds of cookies? I want to live with you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're so good for meal planning. You're my inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you're cookin' up some yummy food! I'm the same as you...not good with clutter. I finally re-claimed my house from Christmas today. Everything is boxed and ready to be sent back to the basement until next November. : )

    ReplyDelete