Thursday, April 29, 2010

...and we're back!

Hello all! Did ya miss me? I have missed you all! It has taken me much longer than I thought it would to visit all of your blogs and go back and read all the older posts, but it was worth it. And I have even gained a few new followers to whom I would like to say "hello and welcome" to Kayla, Holly, and Heide. Also, Mrs. Crumb was sad that my email address does not appear when I post a comment to her blog, so here it is: mrsgriggs5113@gmail.com. Please feel free to send me a note, if you are so inclined (and please be nice).

A lot has happened since I last posted here almost a month ago, but nothing earth-shattering, so I am just going to continue along as though I wasn't gone. I will, however, share the new recipes I tried while I was "away" and the first one is Warm Black Bean Salad. Over spring break my wonderful Aunt K. took us to Rainforest Cafe, my daughters favorite restaurant. I got the chicken chimmichanga (or something like that) and it came with a delicious warm black bean side dish that I just had to re-create at home... and here is what I came up with.

*********************************************************************************
WARM BLACK BEAN SALAD

1 can black beans, rinsed
1 can corn, drained
1 can petite diced tomatoes with chiles, NOT drained (I use Red Gold Zesty)
1 small red onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, finely minced (I use my garlic press)
salt to taste

Place all ingredients in a saucepan. Heat over medium-high until warmed through. Serve with a dollop of sour cream on top if you feeling sassy!
*********************************************************************************

This is so easy and so yummy and pretty good for you too!

Tonight I am making Meatball Burgers. The meal plan for the following week is: leftovers, Dirty Rice, frozen pizza, Stuffed Shells, Steakhouse Cheeseburgers (new!), and Hot Dogs with Baked Beans. Some recipes I tried while I was gone and will post here soon are: Apple Dumpling Casserole and Stuffed Poblanos.

Many more recipes to come, glad to be back.

Happy eating!

6 comments:

  1. welcome back! I was just thinking of you the other day; I like the Rainforest Cafe too! their jungle chopped salad is so good!

    I'll have to try that warm black bean salad, yum!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. welcome back, chicago mom!

    That salad sounds great!! I'm going to try and add it to the rotation. I like black beans but Mrs. LB doesnt much care for 'em. Oh well, more for me I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back!! I missed you! That salad sounds wonderful - I love black beans.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back!

    I enjoy The Rainforest Cafe. I love their giant chocolate cake.

    ReplyDelete